Here's a recap of my writing year, 2009:
2009 new words
18 K LSCTS
+50 K Something
=68 K new novel words
+15K Short stories
+150+ pages of scripts (at 100 wds/page or less)
about 100K = total new words in 2009
To qualify this paltry number, I do want to point out that the fire wasn't really lit under my ass until September, thanks to Kris and Dean. Still, I don't remember the last time I had a 100,000 word year...probably not since graduate school, and almost none of those words were fiction.
In the mail:
4 short story queries (with 4-5 needing to be re-submitted)
6 Novel queries for LSCTS.
Here are my 2010 goals:
- 20 novel pages or one short story a week (about 5K)
- Stories and finished novels in the mail same week finished.
- Script Frenzy in April (with class?)
- NaNoWriMo in November (with class!)
- 48-hour Film Project in August
- One blog post a week. I need to at least post my wordcount, but I am considering posting excerpts, etc., too. Of course, once something sells, it will be all over this baby. :)