Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo is just hours away!

I'm less prepared than I was last year for NaNo. Last year, I had practically the entire book outlined and characters firmly sketched. However, last year I based the book on Lysistrata, so I had a full set of fully-formed characters and a pre-existing plot to follow.

This year, I don't have a firm handle on my main character, and I only have an elevator-pitch for my plot:

Outbreak meets Jurassic Park meets Anne McCaffery.

I think this will be a wild ride, though. I have several short stories on this basic idea that date back to when I was in high school (egad!). One of the stories in the mail right now sparked the idea of the book.

Well, I'm going to do a modicum of research on what a state wildlife officer does so there will be some verisimilitude in my book.
ta
m

No comments:

Post a Comment