- Did lot of promotion for Fuzzy Logic during the year
- Finished the “Lilith” book in January.
- Began edits on “Lilith” in late October
- Wrote first draft of a Fuzzy Logic Prequel spring/summer
- Finished my edits of the prequel in October
- Designed a cover for the prequel in October
- Black Opal Books re-published Closing the Store
- Two rounds of edits
- Helped design a cover
- It was released on 10/22/16
- I wrote a screenplay with my brother about a drug that sends people to heaven after they die.
- Wrote adaptation of Arabian Nights for Apple box Children’s theater for performance in July 2017
- Started pitching articles in earnest this year.
- Submitted an article on 12/28/16 to Alpacas Magazine about alpacas in fiction books
- 3 live Readings
- 2 book signings (apart from the readings)
- 2 TV interviews on Polk Salad
- 1 live podcast interview
- Many guest blog posts.
Also, I have become far more involved in Willamette Writers. Now I am co-chair of the Willamette Writers on the River chapter in Corvallis with Elizabeth Brookbank. It’s a fun, helpful organization.
And, here are books I’ve read (not in order of anything):
- The Clasp by Sloane Crosley
- Notorious RBG by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
- Every Anxious Wave by Mo Daviau (in progress)
- Waypoint Kangaroo by Curtis Chen (in progress)
- Strange as This Weather Has Been: A Novel, by Anne Pancake
- Empress Dowager Cixi: The Concubine Who Launched Modern China by Jung Chang
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Disgruntled: A Novel by Asali Solomon
- Super Guy by Kurt Clopton (TBR 2017) (in progress)
- Lots of writing craft and marketing books
So, a pretty productive year.
I hope all of you have a wonderful 2017. Keep reading and writing.