Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just realized...

With regards to my goal to revising Liz, I've just realized that if I complete two chapters a week, I will still be a few chapters short before the workshop I want to go to in September.

Grrr. How is it that in the middle of my second week of summer, I'm already behind schedule? Why is it harder to revise something than it is to write it?

Of course, the answer is that my first draft was written with such glorious impetus and flinging of caution to the wind that it flowed easily. Revising this tangled rat's nest into something coherent will take time and patience...I have the latter, but apparently, not the former.

I may have to take up a friend's offer of living in her treehouse for a week to bang this thing out. Wouldn't that be glorious?

Okay, enough fantasy, whining and blogging. I need to go write.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment