You read right!
You can take my "Write your book in a month" class for actual college credit at Western Oregon University! It would show up on your transcript as "ED 805."
Here is a reminder of what the class is all about:
Write Your First Novel In Thirty Days! - Spring 2012
Wednesdays, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Dates: April 25- June 6
Instructor: Maren Bradley Anderson
N/C Fee : $50 est.
(1) Credit Fee: $100
Class size is limited to 20. Early registration is recommended!
* Do you have a great idea for a book, but haven’t gotten around to writing it?
* Perhaps you have no idea, but do possess a deep, burning desire to write.
* Maybe you are convinced you don’t have time to write a novel.
Really, who has time?
Lots of people! In fact, our instructor, Maren Bradley Anderson, has written three novel manuscripts by writing over 50,000 words in thirty days.
The class will focus on:
* preparation for writing a book-length first draft (including idea generation),
* completion of the book-in-a-month challenge,
* and end with a workshop on what to do with a freshly written novel.
The emphasis of this class is not quality, but quantity. Without a completed first draft, the writer cannot revise a better second or third draft. In this class you will get that elusive first draft.
You can write the first draft of a novel in just thirty days!