Press Release and Details for the Book in a Month class I will teach at WOU through Extended Ed.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 6, 2012
Press Contact: Maren Anderson
WOU offers “Write a Novel in a Month” Class.
Write Your First Novel In Thirty Days! - Spring 2012
Wednesdays, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Dates: April 25- June 6
Instructor: Maren Bradley Anderson
N/C Fee : $50
(1) Credit Fee: $100
Class size is limited to 20. Early registration is recommended!
* Do you have a great idea for a book, but haven’t gotten around to writing it?
* Perhaps you have no idea, but do possess a deep, burning desire to write.
* Maybe you are convinced you don’t have time to write a novel.
Really, who has time?
Lots of people! Every November, hundreds of thousands of people participate in National Novel Writing Month by pledging to write 50,000 words of a novel in thirty days.
In fact, our instructor, Maren Bradley Anderson, has “won” NaNo for three years by writing over 50,000 words in thirty days.
Write Your First Novel In Thirty Days is a 7-week class aimed at people who want to write a novel by participating in the deadline-driven, community-supportive atmosphere. The class will focus on:
* preparation for writing a book-length first draft (including idea generation),
* completion of the book-in-a-month challenge,
* and end with a workshop on what to do with a freshly written novel.
The emphasis of this class is not quality, but quantity. Without a completed first draft, the writer cannot revise a better second or third draft. In this class you will get that elusive first draft.
You can write the first draft of a novel in just thirty days!
Maren Bradley Anderson teaches literature and writing at Western Oregon University. She has won numerous awards for her writing, including having a film she wrote chosen for the Mid-Valley Video Festival in Salem. She has written three novels’ first drafts in 30 days each. She lives on an alpaca farm near Monmouth, Oregon.